Thursday, May 08, 2008

God Moves Fast!

I love having days when I feel like I'm frantically trying to keep up with God. Today has been one of those days. This morning I finished reading The Tangible Kingdom. I then called Hugh Halter, one of the authors. A few weeks ago I was asked to help rewrite Basic Training for Church Planters with a more missional feel. As I've thought about that, I've been a little hesitant because I know firsthand that becoming "missional" requires major paradigm shifts. So that's why I called Hugh, simply to get his opinion on the matter. So far, with everything I've read from them, it seems like their training is top notch and would help us out greatly.

Hugh suggested that I go through their seven month program called MCAP. He thought that the best way to transfer what they are doing would be for someone to go through the experience, then to help coach others. He said that they started the new semester yesterday, but that that there was still time to get everything in. I also needed $2600.00.

By 1:00 today I had the money and had filled out the application. I think this is going to be a great learning experience for Jason and I, but I am also excited by the possibilities of how this could help our church planting efforts in Memphis and throughout Tennessee.

No comments: