Tuesday, December 25, 2012

2012 Top Ten Lists: Moments

2012 was a great year.  Here are my top 10 moments:

10.  Joining the Memphis Men's Chorale.  It's been 15 years since I sang in a choir.  It was time.  It's been a great outlet.  It's very different from church work and real estate, it's allowed me to meet new friends, and it's given me the opportunity to use the gifts that God has given me.

9.  Family moments, specifically Taylor's wedding and the birth of Olivia to Mandy's sister, Megan.  It was an honor to officiate Taylor and Jim's wedding.  It was a beautiful one, and I'm grateful that God has joined these two together.  And I'm an uncle now, and to a sweet little girl no less!

8.  The Clean Water party at the Brass Door a few weeks ago.  Not only did the party raise close to $4000 towards the building of a well, but it was one of the more surreal moments I've experienced.  I told NC the next night that we're doing a lot of things right now that I've dreamed of for a number of years, but I don't think I could have ever dreamed up what happened that night.  Again, "surreal" is my word for that night!

7.  My work - I'm now in my third year with InCity Realty.  I really enjoy real estate.  And I'm very grateful to be able to pastor Neighborhood Church.  God has allowed me to do, as I said above, the things that I've been dreaming of for a long time.  I wouldn't trade NC for any other church. I feel that this year we've solidified our vision and strategy.  Our folks know what we're about and they're continuing to be released to do the work of God.  Both of these jobs give me the flexibility I need, plus they continue to challenge and fulfill me.

6.  Mandy's work - I am my wife's biggest fan.  Her passion and tenacity for education reform continues to amaze me.  I'm grateful that her work is fulfilling to her, but also that it doesn't dominate and keep her from her favorite profession: mom to Adam and Micah.  I have a feeling that we'll look back in ten years and see that God used Mandy to bring amazing change to our city.

5.  Adam & Micah's friendship - at 7 and 4 now, they are becoming friends.  The age difference still plays a factor at times, but they really love each other and enjoy being with each other.  Since school got out for winter break they've been with each other non-stop.  Last Friday Adam went to an art class and Micah went to my mom's.  They were so excited to see each other when they reunited.  For a humorous take on that friendship you can read this.

4.  Trip to New York City - What a fun trip!  It was a first for both of us.  Like many others, it's now one of our favorite cities.  We're planning on going back next fall.  The conference we went to was amazing.

3.  The Midtown Prayer Collective - I've written about this before, so I won't repeat myself, but I do feel that God is going to use this time, and the times ahead, to do great work in individual lives, in our churches, and in our city.

2.  Our California Adventure - Two weeks in California was so much fun for our family.  Time with the Currier's in Pasadena, a day at Disney Land, and then a full week in San Francisco was so good for all of us.

1.  Adam's baptism -  Again, I've written about this here, but leading Adam to Christ and then baptizing him a couple of months later was the highlight of my year.  I'm so grateful for what God is doing in his heart.


2012 was one of the best for our family.  As we celebrate the birth of Christ today and look forward to the start of a new year, we leave you with our annual video.

Merry Christmas!

2012 Christmas Video from MANDY GRISHAM on Vimeo.

No comments: