Friday, December 19, 2014

2014 Top Ten Lists - Music

Last year was the first time since 2007 that I failed to do my annual top 10 lists.  So, even though my blog posts are now few and far between, I thought I would renew this tradition.  First up...Music (in no particular order)!

The Soundtrack to Inside Llewyn Davis
I still have not seen this movie, but I love the music.  Here's the song "Fare Thee Well", from a documentary on the movie that I did see.  It features Oscar Isaac, Marcus Mumford, and the Punch Brothers.




Snarky Puppy
First off, how can you not dig this band's name.  Listening to their music is great.  Watching a video like this is outstanding.




Punch Brothers
I would absolutely love to see these guys live.  I can imagine that it would be quite the show.




Humming House
Discovered this band on Noisetrade.  Fun, especially this track!




The Brilliance
Please tell me that you know about these musicians.  This is my favorite song.




Once: The Musical
Mandy and I went to see this at the Orpheum.  It was so good.  This song, and particularly the end of the song, was one of those epic and moving musical experiences for me that doesn't happen everyday.




Peter Hollens acapella version of "Hallelujah"
Beautiful.  Those chords!




Digital Age
We did this song at NC a few weeks ago.  Already loved this song, but this version takes it to another level




Head and the Heart
I hate I was out of town when these guys came to Memphis.  I don't like their second album as much as their first, but it's still great.




Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir
This is the fourth version of the Virtual Choir.  Almost 6000 singers from across the world took part in this.  The animation is a little weird in my opinion, but it's a pretty amazing showing of what you get when you combine art and technology.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fine information, many thanks to the author. It is puzzling to me now, but in general, the usefulness and importance is overwhelming. Very much http://123essay.org/essayschief-com-review/
thanks again and best of luck!