Tuesday, October 28, 2008

ESV Study Bible

I received my first study Bible as a high school graduation gift from my grandparents. That was fifteen years ago (wow, that's a long time ago!). It was a NIV Life Application Bible. I remember that when I first received that Bible I had such a hunger for God's Word. It had a great concordance, lots of charts and maps, and notes at the bottom of each page. It's quite marked up now, but I still use it, and it serves as a reminder of how precious Scripture is, and how grateful I am to have been taught Scripture.

It's now fifteen years later, and our church uses the English Standard Version (ESV). A few weeks ago I ordered the new ESV Study Bible, and yesterday I received it in the mail. I have been excited to get it, but I have to say that it has already exceeded my expectatations. It definitely becomes my answer to the question, "If you were stranded on a deserted island and could have one book, what would it be?" To top it off, I just realized that by purchasing this Bible, I get free access to the online edition. It's excellent. You can check it out for free by going to the website. I'm recommending this to everyone in our church.

1 comment:

Brittany Stigall said...

yeah, i got it (in the black tru tone version) the day it came out... well, actually on the 16th (the day after) so I have been using it since i got here.. it's amazing. i am learning so much more