Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Top Ten Lists: TV/Movies

  1. Dan in Real Life - we'll get things started with a great date movie, which also happens to have a killer soundtrack
  2. The Dark Knight - this was one of the few movies I saw in the theater. I had very high expectations going in, but was not as blown away as I had hoped to be. Still, Heath Ledger's performance warrants a spot in the top 10.
  3. Bella - if you haven't seen this you definitely need to
  4. Juno - another great date movie.
  5. Gone Baby Gone - not a date movie, but a great story
  6. 21 - I like poker, I like Kevin Spacey, and I like Ben Mezrich (the author of the book)
  7. The Visitor - I just saw this one a few weeks ago and really loved it
  8. Reign Over Me - it's difficult to picture Adam Sandler in a serious role, but he was awesome in this one
  9. Arrested Development - Not sure why it took us this long to discover Arrested Development, but I'm glad that we finally did
  10. Dexter - I watched season one in about a week on Netflix. Season two took me a little longer, but I was just as committed. Dexter is a very interesting character. Like Gone Baby Gone, it raises lots of questions of good and evil, as well as our struggle to hide our sin. It should be noted that this Showtime series is definitely R-rated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello