Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 Top 10 Lists - Moments

2015 was a great year.  These are some of my top moments.  As I reflect I'm truly grateful to God for all that He's done!

10.  Bella - 2015 marks our family's first full year with a dog since we had Jack.  We love her.  She's such a smart and loyal dog, and the boys take turns sleeping with her each night.

9.  House - We built a 250 sq ft screened porch this summer, and it is fantastic.  It became my primary office for much of the fall, and I'm looking forward to the many memories we'll have in that space through the years to come.

8.  Travel - This summer we spent two weeks in California and Oregon.  We started with a week in Oakland & Yosemite, then drove north for a week, in the process making stops in Mendocino, Etna, Ashland, & finally Portland.  It was definitely an adventure.  And this fall we all went to Washington D.C.  Micah was still a little young to truly appreciate it, but it was perfect for Adam.

7.  Music - For a long time making music was a part of my job.  Now that it's not, I am finding myself having so much fun.  I'm in my fourth year with the Memphis Men's Chorale, I love playing at NC under Kirk Smith's leadership, and I just played in the band at our fourth annual Wassailing for Water Party.  We also love having a piano in the house.

6.  Work - I've been a real estate agent for over five years now, and as much as I love it, this year I got to try my hand at renovating two houses in my neighborhood.  My partner Rob and I brought new life into century-old houses, gave meaningful work to our crew, and have added two awesome families into the Annesdale-Snowden neighborhood.  Hoping to do more of this in 2016.

5.  Neighborhood Church - NC turns 8 years old in a few weeks, and I am so grateful to be a part of this family.  We continue to wrestle through the challenges of how to be a faithful witness in our culture today, but I continue to be grateful by what God is doing.

4.  Turning 40 - There are definitely some negatives that go with this (such as how sore I was the other night after playing basketball for an hour with 5th and 6th graders), but overall I've loved the start to this new decade.  I feel more "comfortable in my own skin" than I ever have.

3.  Micah - Not a day goes by that this little guy doesn't make me laugh.  I love his personality and creativity, and I can't wait to see how it continues to develop!  While at Kanakuk this summer Micah decided that he wanted to give control of his life to Jesus!

2.  Adam - Earlier this fall Adam and I started a weekly tradition of having breakfast together.  Adam normally picks the place (his favorite is Bob's Barksdale), and we read a chapter from this book.  I want to create rites of passages for the boys, and this is how I'm starting.  This has been a really cool transition year for our relationship.  I think Adam and I are going to be good friends.

1.  Mandy - We celebrated 16 years of marriage this summer, our 20th Christmas together, and we're about to celebrate 10 years in Memphis.  There's no one I'd rather share these milestones with!


Honorable Mention - Star Wars

BONUS - Mandy has put together a video with highlights from our year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fantastic goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you're just too wonderful. I really like what you've acquired here, really like what you're stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it smart. I can not wait to read much more from you. Digital billboards are becoming the preferred choice of top tier advertisers because they are back-lit, eye-catching from far away and with just a few clicks of a mouse you can place a message on hundreds of locations giving you the power to launch a widespread last minute campaign with little advance notice.