Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2015 Top Ten Lists - Music

Another good year for music!

First up...two of my favorite bands released new albums this year.  They never fail to impress!


Mumford and Sons




Coldplay





Next up is one of my favorite artists of all time.  Mandy and I got to see him live this year at the Orpheum.  I haven't been as much of a fan of his last few albums, but this one is great.  Sorry there's no video.

Harry Connick, Jr.




Did you see the movie Chef?  It's a great movie for so many reasons.  The soundtrack is one of the main ones!  Once again no video.

Chef




Bonnie Raitt's I Can't Make You Love Me is an incredible song.  Bon Iver's cover (with S. Carey) is even better.

Bon Iver




I discovered this next band on NPR's Tiny Desk Concert series.  I'd really like to see them live sometime.

The Family Crest




S. Carey started out as Bon Iver's drummer.  Now he has his own gig.

S. Carey




I'm not sure how I heard about this next guy, but I've played his music as much as anyone else this year.

Olafur Arnalds




My favorite song we sang at Neighborhood Church this year was United Pursuit's Simple Gospel.

United Pursuit




The last two songs (and yes, I know this makes it a Top 11 List, but who's counting!) feature the human voice and the human voice alone.  First, a choral piece by Norwegian composer Ola Gjeilo.

Voces8




Finally, a cover of Cover of Mumford and Son's After the Storm

The Swingles







1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is an excellent post i seen. I have to thanks to you to share it. It is really what I wanted to see hope in future you will continue for sharing such a excellent post. RTC bus advertising in Kanpur is a fantastic platform to showcase your advertisements. These buses cover more than 95% of the state street activity connecting rustic, semi rural and urban areas.