Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Weekly Links

  • Point guard C.J. Henry playing for the Tigers this year. Could little brother Xavier be joining him next year? Big news for Memphis

  • Unfortunately, this is bigger news: Memphis City Schools cutting ESL and counseling programs to help overcome their deficit.

  • Mark Batterson writes, "Vision is the cure for sin. One reason many of us get entangled in sin is because we don't have enough God-ordained vision to keep us busy."

  • Al Mohler comments on the Saddleback Civil Forum held on August 16 - it saddens me that he had such a pessimistic view beforehand, but I'm pleased that afterwards, he felt that it was "worthwhile." I thought it was great. I thought both candidates did a fine job, and my respect for Rick Warren grew as a result.

  • Steve McCoy on Hitting Refresh

  • Mark Driscoll on Activist and Contemplative Disciplines. And here.

  • Grizzlies trading for Zach Randolph???

No comments: