Wednesday, July 25, 2007

MagicJack

You might be aware that Sunrocket shut down, practically overnight, last week. I've been looking into other VOIP companies but haven't decided on anything yet. In the meantime, I forwarded my Sunrocket number to my cell phone, and tonight I ordered MagicJack. For $40, I get a local phone number and unlimited calling. Not bad. I don't think it will end up being a replacement for my home phone, however. I was actually looking for an inexpensive way to have a phone/phone number for the church office. This is even cheaper than Skype. We'll see how it works in a few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bought a MJ after reading glowing reviews. I must say I am not disappointed. Helpful comparison between MJ and other services here http://www.recipedelights.com/voip.htm#magicjack