Monday, October 08, 2007

New Project

It seems that flying by the seat of my pants happens on a pretty regular basis for me, at least in most areas. However, fixing things in the house is not one of those areas. Anything having to do with remodeling, decorating, repairs, etc., is usually met with extreme caution and planning. That's just a rule I've had...just because I have no idea what I'm doing.

Well, this weekend we broke that rule. We were going to paint our front room this weekend, but then we got to thinking that we should look at refinishing the hardwood floors before painting. If you've been to our house, you know that we are the only home in Midtown with carpet throughout. We had been told that the hardwood under the carpet in the front room could be refinished.

So, on Sunday morning, we decided to start moving furniture and then proceeded to rip up the carpet. I was planning on refinishing the floors myself, with Jason (my Gandalf) by my side. He's quite the pro in this area. However, we think we're going to hire the job out. There is just so much going on, and Lyndia, Mandy's mom, suggested that our marriage would appreciate it. When the parent says that, it's best to listen.

Nonetheless, here are some pictures of our room at its current state. I'll post more pictures when the job is finished.

No comments: