Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Real Smartphone

I started using my first PDA ten years ago. It was the Palm III. After that I moved on to the Zire 71. My first smartphone was the Palm Treo 600, and I followed that with the Treo 650. Each was a step up from the previous. Earlier this year I moved to Windows Mobile and purchased the Sprint Mogul. Compared to the Palm platform this thing moved. But it still didn't do everything I thought it should do.

Last night all my dreams that I didn't even know I had came true when I bought the iPhone 3G. This is the most impressive gadget I've ever had. It is truly "smart." I know I've said it before, but it makes me wonder if I need to go Mac all the way. I love the fact that I only have to carry one thing. It's a phone, a PDA, and an ipod. Actually, today that wasn't necessarily a good thing. I was listening to it in the car, and I put it under the seat before leaving the car to go into the grocery store (this has been my habit with my ipod). I got in the store and realized I needed to call Mandy. Oops.

The best thing so far is the Apps Store. Since last night I've downloaded 26 apps. All but two were free. Here are some of my favorites thus far.

Mint
Facebook
Pandora
Simplify – For $4, this allows me to access my entire iTunes library via wi-fi or 3g
Sportstap

One of the other nice features is that I'm able to sync my Outlook data from my laptop and all of my media from my desktop. I hadn't thought about that until last night after I started playing with it. I haven't messed with the GPS feature, but I've heard it's impressive as well.

More to come soon…

1 comment:

Brittany Stigall said...

nice! go mac all the way..