Thursday, April 23, 2009

Favorite Iphone Apps

I've had my iPhone now for close to three months, and I love it just as much as when I first got it. The 1 billionth application should be downloaded sometime today (winner gets a $10,000 iTunes gift card), so I thought I would share some of my favorite apps.

  • Google app - I probably use this most of all because I'm now using Google Reader for my rss feeds
  • reQall - replaced Jott when Jott ceased to be free; not quite as good but it's very useful
  • Amazon Kindle - I haven't bought a Kindle book yet, but I've sampled the first chapter of many
  • Evernote - I use this primarily on my laptop, but it's nice to have an app for the iPhone
  • Files lite - free version; allows me to take documents on the iPhone; I can read them, but no editing
  • Pandora
  • Simplify - allows me to listen to my entire iTunes collection on my desktop at home; not the best quality, but still a great feature
  • Yelp - pinpoints my location, shows restaurants, grocery stores, coffee shops, etc. nearby, and even gives reviews; I used them a lot while we were on vacation
  • Maps - right up there with Google as to most used; I drive around and look at houses a lot; this helps out quite a bit

No comments: