Thursday, May 19, 2005

Baby could come early!

Mandy and I went to her doctor two days ago. Dr. Polito is a very laid back guy, which I like. He told Mandy that her blood pressure was a little high, yet, because her last day to work is this Friday, he was not worried. He said that she should come back next week, and if her blood pressure is still high, "he might come a few days later." Now I'll be the first to admit that I still don't know that much about babies, so I asked, "What do you mean by a few days later?" I thought he meant that Adam might come a few days later than his due date (June 17th or 20th, depending on who you ask).

He informed us both that what he meant was that Adam could come as early as the end of next week!

I realized at that moment how much I value scientific things such as due dates. It's very easy to chisel these into stone, or, better yet, God's will. I felt that this was a bit of a humorous thing not only for Dr. Polito, but perhaps for God.

Mandy is not too worried about this. She finishes school tomorrow, and can rest for the next few weeks.

Three more things to mention in this blog...

1. Yesterday we went to Wal-Mart to buy, among other things, newborn diapers. It took us quite awhile to find what we were looking for. There's a lot to choose from. Again, I'm taking a crash course on "the baby."

2. Last night Mandy started looking for baby announcements. She found a website that had examples of their announcements. One had a picture of a cute little baby boy. The caption read,
"Hi. I'm Freddy. My mom and dad and I would like to thank you for all the gifts you gave me."

As I'm going back and reading this, it doesn't sound quite as funny, but boy was it when she read it to me!

3. I'm headed out in just under an hour to go see Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith! Very excited!

No comments: