Monday, May 23, 2005

The Bonneville is no longer...

Today we finished up our recent car saga. In an earlier post I mentioned that we were receiving $1000 from the state for retiring our vehicle. Today I went to the dismantler to say goodbye to the car. My parents bought the bonneville new in 1992. In 2001, after Mandy got her job in San Leandro, and we were still living in Mill Valley, they drove it to LA, where we bought it from them. It's been a good car for us, and I must say that we'll miss it a bit.

I kind of feel bad for getting rid of it this way. It's a good car, and the people at the dismantler site couldn't believe I was getting rid of it. (You have to understand that most people take cars that are older than 1985). It would most likely have been drivable for a few more years. I've been questioning myself on whether or not I made the right decision. Even if I had given it away, it would have still required up to $400 to fix it. The problem is that it's really not worth much more than that. Oh yeah, it's also a salvage...and the brakes aren't that great.

Anyway, it's over. The decision was made.

I'm going to go and fix dinner.

No comments: