Monday, May 02, 2005

Bruce

Mandy has been teaching music at Hillside Elementary School for five years. Occasionally she has come home with a funny story or two about her kids. I always told her that she needed to keep a journal on them. (She never quite took me up on this advice; therefore, I thought I'd help with the journaling process).

So...here's a story she told me a few days ago.

Bruce is a second grader that I met at our basketball camp last summer. Funny kid. Last week the kids had testing, and at one point in the day Bruce came into Mandy's class when he should have been in his classroom testing. Mandy asked him why he wasn't testing. His response:

"They're doing geometry right now, and I'm not very good at geometry."

Boy, things have sure changed since I was in second grade!

No comments: