Sunday, May 08, 2005

A new car!

About a month ago our 1992 Pontiac Bonneville failed a smog test. I found out that the repairs could cost up to $500. Because I was required to go to a test-only center, I found out that I was eligible to receive funds for repair, or...I could get $1000 for "retiring" my vehicle. After learning that I would not get anywhere close to $1000 if I sold it, I decided to go for it. We then went about trying to get a new vehicle. We bought our Nissan last year from a guy I met here in San Leandro. He now owns his own body shop in Sacramento, so I called him to see if he had a car he could sell me. This past Friday I went to Sacrament to pick up our new 2003 Saturn Vue. I got a great deal on it. It's a salvage, so there's some risk in a purchase like this, but I couldn't turn it down.

Next on the list is to go to Oakland to see the bonneville get flattened!

No comments: