Monday, June 13, 2005

The countdown has begun

Yesterday Mandy and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. We have a tradition of watching our wedding video every anniversary. We watched the video, and went out to eat, but I think Adam overshadowed our day a little. I don't necessarily think that was a really bad thing, though.

Speaking of Adam, it looks like he'll be coming either tonight or in the morning. It's so crazy that in one instant life is going to change for Mandy and I. I'm going to go from being the husband of Mandy to being the husband of Mandy and the father of Adam. We're going to go from Robert, Mandy and Jack the puppy dog living in our house, to Robert, Mandy, Jack the puppy dog and Adam living in our house. I don't think I've ever had one of these instant "this changes everything" moments.

I hope this doesn't come across as a major freak out moment. It's really not. I'm just taking it all in, and, as I reflect, I realize what a big thing this is. Of course I'm not ready. Is anyone really ready for something like this? I am grateful to God, though. I'm also very proud of Mandy. It's comforting to know that men have been becoming fathers for a long time. I know that God is going to guide us into this phase of life just as He's guided us through every other phase of life. I'm very grateful for that as well.

More updates to come...

No comments: