Friday, April 09, 2010

Ouch!

Last night, at around 1:00 am I woke up with a lot of pain in my side. For the previous two days I had experienced a bit of pain, but nothing like this. I immediately thought it was a kidney stone. In June, 2003, right after graduating from seminary and moving to San Leandro, I had my first kidney stone. Thankfully I have not had another. Until now.

At 3:00 I drove to Methodist Hospital and checked myself into the ER. By 5:00 I was finally feeling good (loopy good I should add), and Joe Currier came and picked me up about 7:30. I've slept most of the day today, once again thanks to good medication. It could definitely have come at a worse time, since this was going to be a down weekend for the most part, but I do have to make some adjustments.

I imagine that I'll be down for the count for a few days until the stone passes. Thankful for a loving wife and two loving kids, as well as for some good friends.

No comments: