Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Sinners in the Hands of an Angry Church

Last week I finished up this book. I happened upon a review of it in a magazine, and thought it looked good. It was written in 1997. What's funny is that as I was reading it, I kept thinking, "I guess I don't need to write a book anymore - this is it!"

Here's the jist of the book:
  • America is not a Christian nation. (It probably never was)
  • A minority behaves differently than a majority
  • Until we realize that we are a minority, we will never be able to answer Francis Schaeffer's question "How then should we live?" (though I'm not sure if Schaeffer actually answers that question in his book)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good book. I might have to pick that one up

-Paul

Robert said...

Paul. If you like that one, you might also check out Missional Church, edited by Darrell Guder.

Robert

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've actually heard about that one also.

So many books, too little time...

-Paul

Robert said...

Well said.

Robert