Monday, July 25, 2005

The Happiest Baby on the Block

Two weeks ago a friend loaned us a DVD called The Happiest Baby on the Block. It's by a doctor named Harvey Karp. It's teaches parents how to calm a fussy baby. I was a little skeptical, but I must say that I was amazed by the results. In a nutshell, he talks about the 5 S's.

1. Swaddle
2. Turn baby on his side
3. Jiggle baby
4. Put pacifier in baby's mouth
5. Sshh softly in baby's ear


You're probably wondering where the 5 S's are. I'm not too sure either...but the point is that this stuff is good. Adam is a good baby, but occasionally he gets mad at the world, and is not afraid to let it be known. It's at this point that I go through the 5 S's (of course after making sure that he is fed and his diaper is changed). Works like a charm every time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey babe- the 5 s's are Swaddle, Side, Swing (jiggle), Shhsh, and Suck (the pacifier).

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! It's been a while since I've checked your blog. Sooo glad I did. Adam is a cutie! I'm glad to hear you're getting the hang of things. We're so happy for you guys!

Love,

Deb & Joe Boyd