Saturday, July 09, 2005

What now?

The movie's over. A few more tears were shed. I spent some time with God tonight. A lot of questions. A lot of confession. Ok, a lot of tears. When I first saw Hotel Rwanda I was so frustrated that I had knew nothing about this. If no one had told me, I would have never guessed that this had taken place only a decade ago.

This same thing (genocide) is happening today in the Darfur region of Sudan. I don't want to wait until the movie is made about this. I've been doing some reading tonight about this. I can no longer claim ignorance. What will I do about it?

Steven Curtis Chapman has a new song called "What now?" Here are the lyrics.

I saw the face of Jesus in a little orphan girl
She was standing in the corner on the other side of the world
And I heard the voice of Jesus gently whisper to my heart
Didn't you say you wanted to find me?
Well here I am, here you are

So, What now?
What will you do now that you found Me?
What now?
What will you do with this treasure you've found?
I know I may not look like what you expected
But if you remember this is right where I said I would be
You've found me
What now?

And I saw the face of Jesus down on Sixteenth Avenue
He was sleeping in an old car, while his mom went looking for food
And I heard the voice of Jesus gently whisper to my soul
Didn't you say you wanted to know me?
Well here I am, and it's getting cold

No comments: